As we have already created 12-person heats based upon the current divisions, we are prepared to help facilitate a wait-list to assist those athletes that are currently registered that might not be able to compete due to injury or some other unforeseen circumstance. The wait-list will work as follows:
- If you are not currently registered and would like to be placed on the wait list, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and the division in which you wish to compete. The list will work as a "first come, first serve" basis within each division.
- If/when we are notified by an athlete that he/she cannot compete on February 1st, we will then take the first wait-list athlete that is in the registered athlete's division, and exchange contact information between the wait-list athlete and the registered athlete.
- The registered athlete and the wait-list athlete will coordinate payment for reimbursement to the registered athlete to secure the spot as we are not able to issue refunds; this is so the registered athlete can recoup their registration fee.
- Once the registered athlete notifies us that the wait-list athlete has satisfied the terms of payment, we will then transfer the registration to the wait-list athlete.
- We ask that once the wait-list athlete is notified of an available spot, that the wait-list athlete will make a decision within 24 hours as to whether or not they will accept the open spot,
- Should the wait-list athlete decide to pass on the spot, we will then contact the next person on the wait-list for the specified division.