We have opened the registration for our 5th Annual Winter Chiller that will take place at Fairmont State University on Saturday, January 31st. We capped out this event last year at 192 registrations and sold out in less than 2 weeks. This year we are adding a Master's Men and Women's Division in addition to our Men's and Women's Novice, Intermediate and Open divisions. We anticipate having 200 athletes competing this year. We have set aside 12 spots in each division for early-bird pricing and some divisions have the reduced pricing still available (every division except the Women's Novice) so if you sign up now, you may get the reduced rate! Here are a few details about the event that may sway your decision to sign up today!
- All athletes will be guaranteed 3 workouts. In other words, the fields will not be cut until after the 3rd workout; if you're in the top 12 or so in your division, congratulations! You get to do more work!
- We will be allowing all divisions to check in one hour before their scheduled heat time so you won't have to wait around for hours to compete. For example, if you will be competing in the Men's Open, it is anticipated that you will not need to be onsite for check-in until 10:45 am. This will make it more convenient for those traveling, for meal-planning, etc. We will be posting the final schedule well in advance of the event so you can plan accordingly.
- All of the events in the Intense Games series utilize stones in some way. It's what we do. Prepare accordingly.
- We believe that the workouts should get progressively harder and challenging throughout the day (duh)! Even though we want to push everyone's limits to find the fittest at our event, we also think that there is empowerment in someone looking at the workouts and saying, "Hey! I can do that!"
- We want to promote the art of competition as we believe it makes one better, no matter their experience level.
- We will be utilizing an online real-time scoring system. We will announce the web page for everyone to check for scores throughout the day.
- Everyone at our events MUST HAVE FUN!!! There is so much work and preparation that go into these events that causes tons of stress and headaches in the weeks and days leading up to the event. However, once the athletes start rolling in, we are quickly reminded of why we do what we do. We plan on having a good time and insist that you have fun, too!
- Everyone is welcome no matter what affiliate/non-affiliate they are from, regardless of gender, size, experience, favorite color or shoe size. We are convinced we have the best group of volunteers that make our events a success and that includes the fact that EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
- We hope to see you Saturday, January 31st at the Falcon Center!